Lady Lumley’s School receives Disadvantaged student funding from the government each academic year. This funding is in place to help school close the gap between disadvantaged students and their peers. As a school we are totally committed to raising the aspirations and standards of achievement of all students and there are a number of ways in which we are striving to close these gaps in achievement. These are highlighted in the linked documents below.
Each financial year, Lady Lumley’s School receive funding for the following:
- Students currently eligible for free school meals, or have been eligible in the last 6 years.
- Identified in the January school census or the alternative provision census as having left local authority care as a result of:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
- Who has been in local authority care for 1 day or more
If parents/carers living in North Yorkshire are on a low income they may qualify for Free School Meals (to apply for Free School Meals you can complete the form at (https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/free-school-meals). In addition to securing free school meals, this would also result in the school receiving Pupil Premium funding from central government which we can then utilise to support your child with additional educational opportunities.
As a school we want to open up all opportunities to all students and do not want financial difficulties to be a barrier to these opportunities for pupils. We would always welcome dialogue with parents/carers to discuss how we can offer support in these circumstances.
Our Pupil Premium lead in school is Mr Fairclough. Please feel free to contact Mr Fairclough (email@example.com) or your child’s tutor or subject teachers to discuss ways in which we may be able to help.
Our Disadvantaged strategy highlights how we help students to overcome barriers to success.
- Lady Lumley's Disadvantaged Policy 2020 - 21
- Lady Lumley's Disadvantaged Statement 2020 - 21
- Lady Lumley's Disadvantaged Plan 2020 - 21
Year 7 Catch Up Premium