The 16 to 19 Bursary Scheme
The 16 to 19 Bursary Scheme is available to all students who attend Lady Lumley’s Sixth Form. It is provided so that financial issues are not a barrier to successful completion of your studies.
There are two bursaries:
You may be eligible to apply for a bursary of £1,200 a year if:-
- You are in or recently left local authority care
- You get Income Support or Universal Credit in your name
- You get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment
and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
- You get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either
ESA or Universal Credit
Discretionary Bursary – students from a low income household are eligible to apply for financial assistance whilst at Sixth Form. Some examples are:
- Transport to and from school
- School lunches
- Educational trips / University visits
- Examination fees and resit fees / UCAS fees
- Materials and textbooks required for their course
To apply for these funds students and parents / carers will need to meet the eligibility criteria and complete a Financial Assessment Form and Specific Application Form which can be downloaded here or hard copies are available from the Sixth Form Office.
There are limited funds, so please apply as early as possible. Attendance, behaviour and academic progress will be factors taken into consideration.